Kenworth launches T880 vocational truck
Amanda Bayhi | March 22, 2013
Kenworth launched its T880(TM) vocational truck at the annual Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville. The T880 will be available for production this summer.
The T880 is for applications such as mixer and refuse, as well as dump and heavy haul applications over 100,000 pounds. It is part of Kenworth’s current vocational line-up, which includes the T800, T440, W900S and C500.
The T880, powered by a 12.9-liter PACCAR MX-13 engine, is rated at 500 horsepower and 1,850 pound-feet of torque. It is also available with the Cummins ISX15 engine with up to 600 horsepower and 2,050 pound-feet of torque.
The cab is Kenworth’s 2.1-meter wide, stamped aluminum cab and has 23 inches of space between the seats. Diamond VIT and Vantage trim levels are offered along with two interior color options of Sandstone Tan and Slate Gray.
The triple-sealed cab door can support up to 400 pounds while providing smooth airflow and reducing noise.
Other features include a panoramic windshield, 5-piece Metton hood, dual lamp complex reflector headlamps, all-LED exterior lights with a 20,000-hour life, a driver performance center, HVAC system and air suspension seats.
For more information, visit kenworth.com.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party469 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax247 Views
- Success regardless of gender: Kari Karst’s BX Civil & Construction209 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion209 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September178 Views