Kenworth launches T880 vocational truck
Amanda Bayhi | March 22, 2013
Kenworth launched its T880(TM) vocational truck at the annual Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville. The T880 will be available for production this summer.
The T880 is for applications such as mixer and refuse, as well as dump and heavy haul applications over 100,000 pounds. It is part of Kenworth’s current vocational line-up, which includes the T800, T440, W900S and C500.
The T880, powered by a 12.9-liter PACCAR MX-13 engine, is rated at 500 horsepower and 1,850 pound-feet of torque. It is also available with the Cummins ISX15 engine with up to 600 horsepower and 2,050 pound-feet of torque.
The cab is Kenworth’s 2.1-meter wide, stamped aluminum cab and has 23 inches of space between the seats. Diamond VIT and Vantage trim levels are offered along with two interior color options of Sandstone Tan and Slate Gray.
The triple-sealed cab door can support up to 400 pounds while providing smooth airflow and reducing noise.
Other features include a panoramic windshield, 5-piece Metton hood, dual lamp complex reflector headlamps, all-LED exterior lights with a 20,000-hour life, a driver performance center, HVAC system and air suspension seats.
For more information, visit kenworth.com.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)1534 Views
- Road commission worker killed by motor grader1156 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1037 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project499 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?362 Views