Just in from The Hill: Supreme Court allowing early voting in Ohio
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 16, 2012
President Barack Obama visited my undergraduate alma mater, Kent State University, and Republican Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney also made an appearance in Northeast Ohio recently.
Despite Ohio Republicans’ efforts to block early voting three days before Election Day, the Supreme Court upheld a lower-court ruling that said early voting must be made available to all Ohioans, not just military personnel, according to a report in The Hill.
This election is going to be a pivotal one for the transportation construction industry and the future of the nation’s economic health so opening up voting early in Ohio will certainly have a real impact on the election.
Tell the Randall-Reilly Construction Media (of which Aggregates Manager, Better Roads and Equipment World are a part) editors your thoughts on the upcoming presidential race and what you think about its outcome — and what it will mean for the transportation construction industry.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident1004 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles813 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse669 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side578 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005340 Views