June 2010 PPI shows slight declines in prices of finished goods
| July 26, 2010
The price of finished goods declined 0.6 percent since May 2010 and increased 2.8 percent since June 2009, according to the latest Producer Price Index from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Capital equipment dropped a slight 0.2 percent since May and increased 0.3 percent over the year. Number 2 diesel fuel prices fell 5.9 percent between May and June and increased 16.1 percent since June 2009. Cement dropped 0.8 percent over the month and fell 7 percent over the year.
For the full list of PPIs, download the BLS report. The price index for finished goods begin on page 15 of the release.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]941 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong933 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker339 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair314 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction305 Views