June 2010 PPI shows slight declines in prices of finished goods
| July 26, 2010
The price of finished goods declined 0.6 percent since May 2010 and increased 2.8 percent since June 2009, according to the latest Producer Price Index from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Capital equipment dropped a slight 0.2 percent since May and increased 0.3 percent over the year. Number 2 diesel fuel prices fell 5.9 percent between May and June and increased 16.1 percent since June 2009. Cement dropped 0.8 percent over the month and fell 7 percent over the year.
For the full list of PPIs, download the BLS report. The price index for finished goods begin on page 15 of the release.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River655 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs391 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business377 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update344 Views
- Illinois governor unveils 6-year, $8.6 billion transportation investment plan205 Views