John Walsh promoted to Mack Trucks VP of marketing
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 11, 2011
Mack Trucks has promoted John Walsh to vice president of marketing for Mack Inc., effective Dec.1. In his new role, Walsh will lead the development and implementation of strategies aimed at driving product sales, safeguarding and enhancing the image of the Mack brand, and growing Mack’s merchandising and brand licensing efforts.
Since February 2007, Walsh has served as director – media and public relations. Prior to joining Mack in 2002, he headed a firm specializing in the production of media for a variety of corporate and government clients. From 1982 to 1994, he served as a television producer in the public affairs office of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration in Washington, DC.
Born and raised in central Massachusetts, Walsh holds a B.A. degree from the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester and an M.S. degree from Boston University’s School of Communications.
He will continue to be based in Greensboro at Mack World Headquarters. He succeeds Michael Reardon, who in July was named Mack vice president – sales.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency548 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill394 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs392 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River302 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update278 Views