John Walsh promoted to Mack Trucks VP of marketing
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 11, 2011
Mack Trucks has promoted John Walsh to vice president of marketing for Mack Inc., effective Dec.1. In his new role, Walsh will lead the development and implementation of strategies aimed at driving product sales, safeguarding and enhancing the image of the Mack brand, and growing Mack’s merchandising and brand licensing efforts.
Since February 2007, Walsh has served as director – media and public relations. Prior to joining Mack in 2002, he headed a firm specializing in the production of media for a variety of corporate and government clients. From 1982 to 1994, he served as a television producer in the public affairs office of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration in Washington, DC.
Born and raised in central Massachusetts, Walsh holds a B.A. degree from the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester and an M.S. degree from Boston University’s School of Communications.
He will continue to be based in Greensboro at Mack World Headquarters. He succeeds Michael Reardon, who in July was named Mack vice president – sales.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2265 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1257 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority616 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles563 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views