John Deere launches 204K and 304K compact wheel loaders
Amanda Bayhi | September 2, 2013
John Deere has launched its shortest compact wheel loaders yet, the 204K and 304K, according to a report from our sister site, Equipment World.
The 8-foot-tall machines, which stand one foot lower than other John Deere compact loaders, have rigid front and rear axles for a lower center of gravity and increased stability and tipping load point.
A Tier 4 diesel engine, paired with a two-speed transmission, delivers 59 horsepower to the 204K and 64 horsepower to the 304K. The loaders each have a maximum speed of 12 mph.
The machines come standard with an open operator station, but a heated and cooled sealed cab is also available.
Other features include one-handed control of the boom, bucket and forward-neutral-reverse switch; a traverse-mounted engine; and a push-button skid-steer style coupler.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]919 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong861 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus381 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker352 Views