John Deere launches 204K and 304K compact wheel loaders
Amanda Bayhi | September 2, 2013
John Deere has launched its shortest compact wheel loaders yet, the 204K and 304K, according to a report from our sister site, Equipment World.
The 8-foot-tall machines, which stand one foot lower than other John Deere compact loaders, have rigid front and rear axles for a lower center of gravity and increased stability and tipping load point.
A Tier 4 diesel engine, paired with a two-speed transmission, delivers 59 horsepower to the 204K and 64 horsepower to the 304K. The loaders each have a maximum speed of 12 mph.
The machines come standard with an open operator station, but a heated and cooled sealed cab is also available.
Other features include one-handed control of the boom, bucket and forward-neutral-reverse switch; a traverse-mounted engine; and a push-button skid-steer style coupler.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEOS: Michigan DOT debunks transportation myths with ‘Reality Check’ series647 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?501 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group344 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines173 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget159 Views