John Deere intros two compact excavators to G Series, Final Tier 4 compliant
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 6, 2013
John Deere has introduced the 50G and 60G compact excavators, 26 and 53 horsepower, respectively, to its G Series. Both models are outfitted with a DOC/DPF aftertreatment device to meet the Final Tier 4 (FT4 ) emissions requirements. The FT4 design is based on John Deere’s Interim Tier 4 strategy and both models incorporate an auto-idle feature that slows engine speed when the pilot-control levers are momentarily released – for reduced fuel consumption and noise.
A new door design improves entry and visibility to the left hand side of the machine and widens the size of the opening for entering the cab. Within the operator station, a new multifunction monitor provides a coolant temperature and fuel gauge, clock, two trip meters, regeneration inhibit, auto shut down control, and machine hours. A third service door was also added to both models to provide improved access to the cooling core. The cores were positioned side-by-side rather than being stacked inline to increase cooling performance.
The machines also feature oil-impregnated boom, and arm and bucket bushings and models can be equipped with an optional, hydraulic, adjustable-angle backfill blade that features 25 degrees of adjustment to both the left and right for more efficient trench backfilling.
MORE FROM Boomerang
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident948 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse595 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side532 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?520 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views