John Deere intros two compact excavators to G Series, Final Tier 4 compliant
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 6, 2013
John Deere has introduced the 50G and 60G compact excavators, 26 and 53 horsepower, respectively, to its G Series. Both models are outfitted with a DOC/DPF aftertreatment device to meet the Final Tier 4 (FT4 ) emissions requirements. The FT4 design is based on John Deere’s Interim Tier 4 strategy and both models incorporate an auto-idle feature that slows engine speed when the pilot-control levers are momentarily released – for reduced fuel consumption and noise.
A new door design improves entry and visibility to the left hand side of the machine and widens the size of the opening for entering the cab. Within the operator station, a new multifunction monitor provides a coolant temperature and fuel gauge, clock, two trip meters, regeneration inhibit, auto shut down control, and machine hours. A third service door was also added to both models to provide improved access to the cooling core. The cores were positioned side-by-side rather than being stacked inline to increase cooling performance.
The machines also feature oil-impregnated boom, and arm and bucket bushings and models can be equipped with an optional, hydraulic, adjustable-angle backfill blade that features 25 degrees of adjustment to both the left and right for more efficient trench backfilling.
MORE FROM Boomerang
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?435 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs396 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges191 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views