JLG, Bridgestone collaborate for exclusive supply agreement
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 5, 2011
Oshkosh Corp.company JLG Industries Inc. and Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, Off Road Tire division have agreed to the exclusive supply of Firestone DuraForce MH tires on JLG, Lull, and SkyTrak branded telehandlers.
“JLG and Bridgestone Americas Off Road collaborated to create the Firestone DuraForce MH that will set a new industry standard by increasing tire life up to 300 percent,” said Brian Boeckman, JLG Industries global director of product management for telehandlers, in a written press statement. “The result is a tire that dramatically improves the cost of ownership for all three telehandler brands.”
The low-profile tire design minimizes the opportunity for sidewall damage while the unique self-cleaning tread coupled with low ground bearing pressure optimizes performance in rough terrain conditions. Fewer tire and rim combinations mean fewer parts to stock and reduced inventory-carrying costs for JLG distribution.
For more information about the JLG and Bridgestone Americas Off Road alliance, visit www.jlg.com/firestone. For additional information about JLG products, visit the company website at www.jlg.com.
MORE FROM Industry
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes545 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts532 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse493 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects76 Views