JLG, Bridgestone collaborate for exclusive supply agreement
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 5, 2011
Oshkosh Corp.company JLG Industries Inc. and Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, Off Road Tire division have agreed to the exclusive supply of Firestone DuraForce MH tires on JLG, Lull, and SkyTrak branded telehandlers.
“JLG and Bridgestone Americas Off Road collaborated to create the Firestone DuraForce MH that will set a new industry standard by increasing tire life up to 300 percent,” said Brian Boeckman, JLG Industries global director of product management for telehandlers, in a written press statement. “The result is a tire that dramatically improves the cost of ownership for all three telehandler brands.”
The low-profile tire design minimizes the opportunity for sidewall damage while the unique self-cleaning tread coupled with low ground bearing pressure optimizes performance in rough terrain conditions. Fewer tire and rim combinations mean fewer parts to stock and reduced inventory-carrying costs for JLG distribution.
For more information about the JLG and Bridgestone Americas Off Road alliance, visit www.jlg.com/firestone. For additional information about JLG products, visit the company website at www.jlg.com.
MORE FROM Industry
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges392 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory341 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?197 Views