JLG, Bridgestone collaborate for exclusive supply agreement
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 5, 2011
Oshkosh Corp.company JLG Industries Inc. and Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, Off Road Tire division have agreed to the exclusive supply of Firestone DuraForce MH tires on JLG, Lull, and SkyTrak branded telehandlers.
“JLG and Bridgestone Americas Off Road collaborated to create the Firestone DuraForce MH that will set a new industry standard by increasing tire life up to 300 percent,” said Brian Boeckman, JLG Industries global director of product management for telehandlers, in a written press statement. “The result is a tire that dramatically improves the cost of ownership for all three telehandler brands.”
The low-profile tire design minimizes the opportunity for sidewall damage while the unique self-cleaning tread coupled with low ground bearing pressure optimizes performance in rough terrain conditions. Fewer tire and rim combinations mean fewer parts to stock and reduced inventory-carrying costs for JLG distribution.
For more information about the JLG and Bridgestone Americas Off Road alliance, visit www.jlg.com/firestone. For additional information about JLG products, visit the company website at www.jlg.com.
MORE FROM Industry
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong991 Views
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]959 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction461 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair439 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker342 Views