JCB produces one millionth machine
Amanda Bayhi | May 6, 2013
JCB last week celebrated the production of the company’s one millionth machine.
The celebration took place at the JCB’s World HQ in Rocester, Staffordshire, UK, where the entire glass frontage was encased in graphic wrap. Five people worked for more than 50 hours to cover 207 windows with more than 9,700 square feet of wrap that came together to create a giant photo of the machine.
The actual machine–a 22-ton JS220 tracked excavator–sat in the reception area.
The celebration will continue for about five more weeks and will include the company’s largest-ever product conference in Staffordshire.
In addition to JCB worldwide’s milestone, JCB North America produced its 6,000th skid steer loader in its Savannah, Georgia, facility. The 500,000 square foot facility produces JCB skid steer loaders and track loaders for worldwide distribution.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges388 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory340 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress232 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?186 Views