JCB produces one millionth machine
Amanda Bayhi | May 6, 2013
JCB last week celebrated the production of the company’s one millionth machine.
The celebration took place at the JCB’s World HQ in Rocester, Staffordshire, UK, where the entire glass frontage was encased in graphic wrap. Five people worked for more than 50 hours to cover 207 windows with more than 9,700 square feet of wrap that came together to create a giant photo of the machine.
The actual machine–a 22-ton JS220 tracked excavator–sat in the reception area.
The celebration will continue for about five more weeks and will include the company’s largest-ever product conference in Staffordshire.
In addition to JCB worldwide’s milestone, JCB North America produced its 6,000th skid steer loader in its Savannah, Georgia, facility. The 500,000 square foot facility produces JCB skid steer loaders and track loaders for worldwide distribution.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency518 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill397 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'396 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs365 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River287 Views