ITT buys Godwin Pumps
Marcia Gruver Doyle | June 24, 2010
ITT has purchased privately-held Godwin Pumps, which manufactures a line of automatic self-priming portable pumps. The $585 million transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2010.
Gretchen McClain, president of ITT’s Fluid and Motion Control group, calls the acquisition “a great complement to our existing fluid technology portfolio, and is expected to establish ITT among the leaders in the growing and profitable $3 billion global market for dewatering pumps and rental services.”
Godwin Pumps operates a U.S. rental fleet of more than 6,000 pumps at 26 equipment rental facilities and a network of around 50 distributors worldwide. ITT also sells Flygt and Grindex brand dewatering pumps, and rents from its fleet of more than 11,000 pumps.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure218 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?172 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!127 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress115 Views