ITT buys Godwin Pumps
Marcia Gruver Doyle | June 24, 2010
ITT has purchased privately-held Godwin Pumps, which manufactures a line of automatic self-priming portable pumps. The $585 million transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2010.
Gretchen McClain, president of ITT’s Fluid and Motion Control group, calls the acquisition “a great complement to our existing fluid technology portfolio, and is expected to establish ITT among the leaders in the growing and profitable $3 billion global market for dewatering pumps and rental services.”
Godwin Pumps operates a U.S. rental fleet of more than 6,000 pumps at 26 equipment rental facilities and a network of around 50 distributors worldwide. ITT also sells Flygt and Grindex brand dewatering pumps, and rents from its fleet of more than 11,000 pumps.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier272 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver263 Views
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker257 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase131 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges117 Views