ITT buys Godwin Pumps
Marcia Gruver Doyle | June 24, 2010
ITT has purchased privately-held Godwin Pumps, which manufactures a line of automatic self-priming portable pumps. The $585 million transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2010.
Gretchen McClain, president of ITT’s Fluid and Motion Control group, calls the acquisition “a great complement to our existing fluid technology portfolio, and is expected to establish ITT among the leaders in the growing and profitable $3 billion global market for dewatering pumps and rental services.”
Godwin Pumps operates a U.S. rental fleet of more than 6,000 pumps at 26 equipment rental facilities and a network of around 50 distributors worldwide. ITT also sells Flygt and Grindex brand dewatering pumps, and rents from its fleet of more than 11,000 pumps.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]919 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong861 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus381 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker352 Views