It’s a Snow Celebration at the Horseshoe Casino
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 5, 2014
Although I’m betting most of us are happy to see the crazy winter weather have gone away (it snowed into mid-April in the Chicago area!), when you get winter maintenance folks and snowfighters together, you have to have a celebration – or should I call it a Snow-bration. (Alright, I know it was a bad attempt at being funny and it didn’t work. I tried, though!)
One of my favorite trade shows is the American Public Works Association (APWA) Snow Show, which is taking place in Cincinnati, Ohio at the Duke Energy Center. Great people, cool products and innovations, and awesome educational sessions.
To round out a great conference, the APWA Ohio Chapter, which is hosting this year’s APWA Snow Conference, has planned a networking reception at 6 p.m. on May 7 at the new Horseshoe Casino, located at Broadway Commons just off the Ohio River. The event is being held in the Pavilion Ballroom and Terrace overlooking Cincinnati. (Guests must be age 21 or older to attend.)
Other details: Transportation is being provided from official Snow Conference hotels. One ticket is included with each full registration. Other registration types may purchase tickets for $50 each.
MORE FROM 2014 APWA North American Snow Conference
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges382 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?192 Views