Is this it? Or something like it?
The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee has released the full text of its surface transportation reauthorization bill. It’s called MAP-21 (SAFETEA-LU it isn’t), and of course, it’s an acronym (they have people for this) – Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act.
The committee says:
The legislation maintains funding at current levels, reforms the nation’s transportation programs to make them more efficient, and provides robust assistance for transportation projects under the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) program to leverage state, local, and private-sector funding.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014568 Views
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding421 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable321 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future321 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields272 Views