Is this it? Or something like it?
John Latta | December 5, 2011
The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee has released the full text of its surface transportation reauthorization bill. It’s called MAP-21 (SAFETEA-LU it isn’t), and of course, it’s an acronym (they have people for this) – Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act.
The committee says:
The legislation maintains funding at current levels, reforms the nation’s transportation programs to make them more efficient, and provides robust assistance for transportation projects under the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) program to leverage state, local, and private-sector funding.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]906 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong828 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths738 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers629 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road479 Views