Iowa Transportation Commission approves $350,000 grant for Palo Alto County
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 15, 2011
The Iowa Transportation Commission on April 12 approved a Revitalize Iowa’s Sound Economy (RISE) Immediate Opportunity grant application submitted by Palo Alto County.
Up to $350,000 will be made available to assist in the reconstruction of approximately 5,277 feet of 390th Street east from Iowa 4 and 2,784 feet of 470th Avenue north to the project site located just south of Emmetsburg.
These improvements are necessary to provide access to the site of POET’s proposed Project LIBERTY cellulosic ethanol production facility.
The project will support the creation of 35 new jobs at this facility and $250 million in associated capital investment.
Funding for the grant comes from the county share of the RISE Fund.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]941 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong931 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker339 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair310 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction301 Views