Iowa Transportation Commission approves $350,000 grant for Palo Alto County
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 15, 2011
The Iowa Transportation Commission on April 12 approved a Revitalize Iowa’s Sound Economy (RISE) Immediate Opportunity grant application submitted by Palo Alto County.
Up to $350,000 will be made available to assist in the reconstruction of approximately 5,277 feet of 390th Street east from Iowa 4 and 2,784 feet of 470th Avenue north to the project site located just south of Emmetsburg.
These improvements are necessary to provide access to the site of POET’s proposed Project LIBERTY cellulosic ethanol production facility.
The project will support the creation of 35 new jobs at this facility and $250 million in associated capital investment.
Funding for the grant comes from the county share of the RISE Fund.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEOS: Michigan DOT debunks transportation myths with ‘Reality Check’ series887 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?500 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group360 Views
- Transportation Secretary Foxx expects next few months to be ‘rough’ for funding talks251 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines187 Views