Iowa Transportation Commission approves $350,000 grant for Palo Alto County
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 15, 2011
The Iowa Transportation Commission on April 12 approved a Revitalize Iowa’s Sound Economy (RISE) Immediate Opportunity grant application submitted by Palo Alto County.
Up to $350,000 will be made available to assist in the reconstruction of approximately 5,277 feet of 390th Street east from Iowa 4 and 2,784 feet of 470th Avenue north to the project site located just south of Emmetsburg.
These improvements are necessary to provide access to the site of POET’s proposed Project LIBERTY cellulosic ethanol production facility.
The project will support the creation of 35 new jobs at this facility and $250 million in associated capital investment.
Funding for the grant comes from the county share of the RISE Fund.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker274 Views
- Boehner discusses Highway Trust Fund on 60 Minutes164 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges150 Views
- Fingers crossed: Senate highway bill could be unveiled soon120 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase111 Views