Iowa proposal would increase gas taxes, survey conducted
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 5, 2012
A bi-partisan effort is underway to improve the state’s roads and bridges by raising the gas tax to pay for improvement, reports KCCI TV-8 Des Moines.
The TV station is now surveying Iowans on its website about their views on increasing the gas tax.
The survey asks, “A bi-partisan effort is underway to raise Iowa’s gas tax. Do you support the plan to fund road repairs?” Options are given are the following:
- Yes increase tax
- No keep same
To take the survey, go to http://www.kcci.com/automotive/30133375/detail.html.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party449 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax313 Views
- Success regardless of gender: Kari Karst’s BX Civil & Construction209 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion199 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax192 Views