Iowa proposal would increase gas taxes, survey conducted
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 5, 2012
A bi-partisan effort is underway to improve the state’s roads and bridges by raising the gas tax to pay for improvement, reports KCCI TV-8 Des Moines.
The TV station is now surveying Iowans on its website about their views on increasing the gas tax.
The survey asks, “A bi-partisan effort is underway to raise Iowa’s gas tax. Do you support the plan to fund road repairs?” Options are given are the following:
- Yes increase tax
- No keep same
To take the survey, go to http://www.kcci.com/automotive/30133375/detail.html.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges369 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress253 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college242 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?201 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road133 Views