Iowa proposal would increase gas taxes, survey conducted
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 5, 2012
A bi-partisan effort is underway to improve the state’s roads and bridges by raising the gas tax to pay for improvement, reports KCCI TV-8 Des Moines.
The TV station is now surveying Iowans on its website about their views on increasing the gas tax.
The survey asks, “A bi-partisan effort is underway to raise Iowa’s gas tax. Do you support the plan to fund road repairs?” Options are given are the following:
- Yes increase tax
- No keep same
To take the survey, go to http://www.kcci.com/automotive/30133375/detail.html.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system425 Views
- Driver Beware: America's 5 most haunted roads216 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass206 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Ray LaHood: 'We need a big pot of money' to fix America’s roads and bridges150 Views