Iowa Mold Tooling available in loader or forklift truck-mounted options
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 12, 2012
Iowa Mold Tooling‘s revamped lineup of H20K167 and TH36K164 TireHand tire manipulators are available in loader or forklift truck-mounted options and provide capacities ranging from 5,500 to 36,000 pounds. The two new models – the TH20K167 and TH36K164 – offer 20,000 and 36,000 pounds of capacity, respectively.
Design enhancements include an optimized pad design that features a new grip pattern and tapering, enabling a firm grip on the tire without damage; increased arm length that allows the TireHand to reach the back flange on the wheels; a minimized arm profile that reduces interference with chassis components; dual pinion pad rotation that reduces pinion stress while increasing life; and 100-degree cylinder body rotation that moves the center of gravity closer to the machine, allowing a smaller loader to be used.
Integrated fallback protection arms are hydraulically controlled for easy operation and improved operator safety. The feature can be activated from the control panel or a remote control. Options include quick-coupler attachments, fully proportional controls and a mounted camera.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEOS: Michigan DOT debunks transportation myths with ‘Reality Check’ series872 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?500 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group359 Views
- Transportation Secretary Foxx expects next few months to be ‘rough’ for funding talks197 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines187 Views