Iowa Mold Tooling available in loader or forklift truck-mounted options
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 12, 2012
Iowa Mold Tooling‘s revamped lineup of H20K167 and TH36K164 TireHand tire manipulators are available in loader or forklift truck-mounted options and provide capacities ranging from 5,500 to 36,000 pounds. The two new models – the TH20K167 and TH36K164 – offer 20,000 and 36,000 pounds of capacity, respectively.
Design enhancements include an optimized pad design that features a new grip pattern and tapering, enabling a firm grip on the tire without damage; increased arm length that allows the TireHand to reach the back flange on the wheels; a minimized arm profile that reduces interference with chassis components; dual pinion pad rotation that reduces pinion stress while increasing life; and 100-degree cylinder body rotation that moves the center of gravity closer to the machine, allowing a smaller loader to be used.
Integrated fallback protection arms are hydraulically controlled for easy operation and improved operator safety. The feature can be activated from the control panel or a remote control. Options include quick-coupler attachments, fully proportional controls and a mounted camera.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure221 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views
- California, Florida DOTs named winners of America's Transportation Awards82 Views
- What causes the most damage to our nation’s bridges?82 Views