INFOGRAPHIC: Engineering has second-highest fatality rate in construction
Amanda Bayhi | April 22, 2014
Construction Safety Day, which takes place Wednesday, is a good chance to brush up on safe practices.
Between 2003 and 2012, the engineering sector of the construction industry had an average of fatality rate of 17 percent annually — the second highest percentage, according to information compiled by Viewpoint based on data from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). That’s a percentage that could definitely afford to be lowered.
For more safety statistics, check out the infographic below.
Infographic courtesy of Viewpoint.
MORE FROM Featured Articles
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress214 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?210 Views
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure205 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road138 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!114 Views