INFOGRAPHIC: Engineering has second-highest fatality rate in construction
Amanda Bayhi | April 22, 2014
Construction Safety Day, which takes place Wednesday, is a good chance to brush up on safe practices.
Between 2003 and 2012, the engineering sector of the construction industry had an average of fatality rate of 17 percent annually — the second highest percentage, according to information compiled by Viewpoint based on data from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). That’s a percentage that could definitely afford to be lowered.
For more safety statistics, check out the infographic below.
Infographic courtesy of Viewpoint.
MORE FROM Featured Articles
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1031 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1020 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse767 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones435 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?305 Views