INDOT, state agencies team up for veteran-focused job fair
Amanda Bayhi | July 23, 2013
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) is joining several other state agencies today to sponsor a job fair for military veterans, National Guard or Reserve members and their families.
The job fair takes place today, July 23, from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. at the National Guard Armory, 2909 Grant Line Road, New Albany, Indiana.
Though the focus is on employing military personnel and veterans, the general public can also attend. About 50 vendors are expected to attend and provide information about job opportunities.
In addition to INDOT, other sponsors include the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, the contractor teams for the Ohio River Bridges Project, the Indiana National Guard, WorkOne, Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs and Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?439 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs399 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges186 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget152 Views