INDOT, state agencies team up for veteran-focused job fair
Amanda Bayhi | July 23, 2013
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) is joining several other state agencies today to sponsor a job fair for military veterans, National Guard or Reserve members and their families.
The job fair takes place today, July 23, from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. at the National Guard Armory, 2909 Grant Line Road, New Albany, Indiana.
Though the focus is on employing military personnel and veterans, the general public can also attend. About 50 vendors are expected to attend and provide information about job opportunities.
In addition to INDOT, other sponsors include the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, the contractor teams for the Ohio River Bridges Project, the Indiana National Guard, WorkOne, Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs and Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River674 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business369 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update329 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness258 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options253 Views