INDOT, state agencies team up for veteran-focused job fair
Amanda Bayhi | July 23, 2013
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) is joining several other state agencies today to sponsor a job fair for military veterans, National Guard or Reserve members and their families.
The job fair takes place today, July 23, from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. at the National Guard Armory, 2909 Grant Line Road, New Albany, Indiana.
Though the focus is on employing military personnel and veterans, the general public can also attend. About 50 vendors are expected to attend and provide information about job opportunities.
In addition to INDOT, other sponsors include the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, the contractor teams for the Ohio River Bridges Project, the Indiana National Guard, WorkOne, Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs and Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax720 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party401 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete267 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax247 Views