INDOT, state agencies team up for veteran-focused job fair
Amanda Bayhi | July 23, 2013
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) is joining several other state agencies today to sponsor a job fair for military veterans, National Guard or Reserve members and their families.
The job fair takes place today, July 23, from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. at the National Guard Armory, 2909 Grant Line Road, New Albany, Indiana.
Though the focus is on employing military personnel and veterans, the general public can also attend. About 50 vendors are expected to attend and provide information about job opportunities.
In addition to INDOT, other sponsors include the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, the contractor teams for the Ohio River Bridges Project, the Indiana National Guard, WorkOne, Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs and Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts557 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes546 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse490 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views