Indiana focuses on work zone safety
Amanda Bayhi | April 12, 2013
The State of Indiana is participating in two statewide initiatives this month to develop work zone safety.
The Indiana Department of Labor (IDOL) is promoting worker safety with its statewide safety initiative with a goal of reducing workplace transportation-related deaths, while the Indiana Departement of Transportation (IDOT) is focusing on work zone safety with National Work Zone Awareness Week, which takes place April 15-19.
As part of the statewide initiatives, the State of Indiana has urged construction contractors and industry workers to develop, implement and enforce construction work zone safety policies and procedures.
For more information about work zone safety, visit in.gov/dol/workzonesafety.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency482 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill397 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'396 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs373 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River321 Views