Indiana focuses on work zone safety
Amanda Bayhi | April 12, 2013
The State of Indiana is participating in two statewide initiatives this month to develop work zone safety.
The Indiana Department of Labor (IDOL) is promoting worker safety with its statewide safety initiative with a goal of reducing workplace transportation-related deaths, while the Indiana Departement of Transportation (IDOT) is focusing on work zone safety with National Work Zone Awareness Week, which takes place April 15-19.
As part of the statewide initiatives, the State of Indiana has urged construction contractors and industry workers to develop, implement and enforce construction work zone safety policies and procedures.
For more information about work zone safety, visit in.gov/dol/workzonesafety.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident978 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side552 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?508 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse461 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views