Indiana focuses on work zone safety
Amanda Bayhi | April 12, 2013
The State of Indiana is participating in two statewide initiatives this month to develop work zone safety.
The Indiana Department of Labor (IDOL) is promoting worker safety with its statewide safety initiative with a goal of reducing workplace transportation-related deaths, while the Indiana Departement of Transportation (IDOT) is focusing on work zone safety with National Work Zone Awareness Week, which takes place April 15-19.
As part of the statewide initiatives, the State of Indiana has urged construction contractors and industry workers to develop, implement and enforce construction work zone safety policies and procedures.
For more information about work zone safety, visit in.gov/dol/workzonesafety.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign1620 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1289 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1021 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...851 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones534 Views