Indiana focuses on work zone safety
Amanda Bayhi | April 12, 2013
The State of Indiana is participating in two statewide initiatives this month to develop work zone safety.
The Indiana Department of Labor (IDOL) is promoting worker safety with its statewide safety initiative with a goal of reducing workplace transportation-related deaths, while the Indiana Departement of Transportation (IDOT) is focusing on work zone safety with National Work Zone Awareness Week, which takes place April 15-19.
As part of the statewide initiatives, the State of Indiana has urged construction contractors and industry workers to develop, implement and enforce construction work zone safety policies and procedures.
For more information about work zone safety, visit in.gov/dol/workzonesafety.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts554 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes542 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse482 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers137 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects74 Views