Indiana focuses on work zone safety
Amanda Bayhi | April 12, 2013
The State of Indiana is participating in two statewide initiatives this month to develop work zone safety.
The Indiana Department of Labor (IDOL) is promoting worker safety with its statewide safety initiative with a goal of reducing workplace transportation-related deaths, while the Indiana Departement of Transportation (IDOT) is focusing on work zone safety with National Work Zone Awareness Week, which takes place April 15-19.
As part of the statewide initiatives, the State of Indiana has urged construction contractors and industry workers to develop, implement and enforce construction work zone safety policies and procedures.
For more information about work zone safety, visit in.gov/dol/workzonesafety.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]901 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong811 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths746 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers630 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road465 Views