Indiana DOT to close U.S. 231 for CSX crossing repairs
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 30, 2010
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) will close U.S. 231 between U.S. 41 and State Road 55 (S.R. 55) for repairs at the CSX railroad crossing. The work will begin Monday, Dec. 6.
During the repairs, traffic will be directed on a 14-mile, marked detour. Eastbound traffic will be detoured north on U.S. 41, east on U.S. 30 and south on S.R. 55, back to U.S. 231. Westbound traffic will be directed north on S.R. 55, west on U.S. 30 and south on U.S. 41, back to U.S. 231.
The work is scheduled to be completed by the end of December; however, the schedule is subject to change in the event of inclement weather.
MORE FROM Industry
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?435 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs399 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges186 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views