Indiana DOT to close U.S. 231 for CSX crossing repairs
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 30, 2010
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) will close U.S. 231 between U.S. 41 and State Road 55 (S.R. 55) for repairs at the CSX railroad crossing. The work will begin Monday, Dec. 6.
During the repairs, traffic will be directed on a 14-mile, marked detour. Eastbound traffic will be detoured north on U.S. 41, east on U.S. 30 and south on S.R. 55, back to U.S. 231. Westbound traffic will be directed north on S.R. 55, west on U.S. 30 and south on U.S. 41, back to U.S. 231.
The work is scheduled to be completed by the end of December; however, the schedule is subject to change in the event of inclement weather.
MORE FROM Industry
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure219 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!114 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views