Indiana DOT to close U.S. 231 for CSX crossing repairs
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 30, 2010
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) will close U.S. 231 between U.S. 41 and State Road 55 (S.R. 55) for repairs at the CSX railroad crossing. The work will begin Monday, Dec. 6.
During the repairs, traffic will be directed on a 14-mile, marked detour. Eastbound traffic will be detoured north on U.S. 41, east on U.S. 30 and south on S.R. 55, back to U.S. 231. Westbound traffic will be directed north on S.R. 55, west on U.S. 30 and south on U.S. 41, back to U.S. 231.
The work is scheduled to be completed by the end of December; however, the schedule is subject to change in the event of inclement weather.
MORE FROM Industry
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident865 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?552 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds497 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes444 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005354 Views