Indiana DOT to close U.S. 231 for CSX crossing repairs
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 30, 2010
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) will close U.S. 231 between U.S. 41 and State Road 55 (S.R. 55) for repairs at the CSX railroad crossing. The work will begin Monday, Dec. 6.
During the repairs, traffic will be directed on a 14-mile, marked detour. Eastbound traffic will be detoured north on U.S. 41, east on U.S. 30 and south on S.R. 55, back to U.S. 231. Westbound traffic will be directed north on S.R. 55, west on U.S. 30 and south on U.S. 41, back to U.S. 231.
The work is scheduled to be completed by the end of December; however, the schedule is subject to change in the event of inclement weather.
MORE FROM Industry
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax720 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party401 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete267 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax247 Views