Indiana DOT to close U.S. 231 for CSX crossing repairs
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 30, 2010
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) will close U.S. 231 between U.S. 41 and State Road 55 (S.R. 55) for repairs at the CSX railroad crossing. The work will begin Monday, Dec. 6.
During the repairs, traffic will be directed on a 14-mile, marked detour. Eastbound traffic will be detoured north on U.S. 41, east on U.S. 30 and south on S.R. 55, back to U.S. 231. Westbound traffic will be directed north on S.R. 55, west on U.S. 30 and south on U.S. 41, back to U.S. 231.
The work is scheduled to be completed by the end of December; however, the schedule is subject to change in the event of inclement weather.
MORE FROM Industry
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths740 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers602 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road527 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus397 Views
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]362 Views