Indiana DOT to close U.S. 231 for CSX crossing repairs
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) will close U.S. 231 between U.S. 41 and State Road 55 (S.R. 55) for repairs at the CSX railroad crossing. The work will begin Monday, Dec. 6.
During the repairs, traffic will be directed on a 14-mile, marked detour. Eastbound traffic will be detoured north on U.S. 41, east on U.S. 30 and south on S.R. 55, back to U.S. 231. Westbound traffic will be directed north on S.R. 55, west on U.S. 30 and south on U.S. 41, back to U.S. 231.
The work is scheduled to be completed by the end of December; however, the schedule is subject to change in the event of inclement weather.
MORE FROM Industry
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014568 Views
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding420 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable321 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future321 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields272 Views