Indiana Bridge Lifted While Traffic Flows
Contractor JCI Bridge Group erected a dozen temporary steel piers in clusters of four, braced and tied together, under each of the three box girders.
“The piers were fabricated from 30-inch diameter, 7/8-inch wall steel pipe, filled with sand” says Carl Tungate, P.E. of JCI adding, “The 54-foot tall piers sat on sill beams on the old footers.”
For a downloadable PDF of the full story, including photos and drawings explaining the process of the bridge replacement, please click here: Cline Avenue Bridge.
MORE FROM Better Bridges
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)806 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D289 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign267 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says265 Views
- Cities rethink transportation due to drop in young drivers260 Views