Illinois Tollway refinances Series 2005A bonds, anticipates $44 million in savings
Amanda Bayhi | February 17, 2014
The Illinois Tollway has announced that it will reduce its bond principal and interest payments through fiscal year 2022 by $44 million by refinancing Series 2005A bonds.
The Tollway recently issued $378.7 million of Series 2014A fixed rate refunding bonds at an average yield of 2.4 percent, which were used to help refund $436.5 million of its Series 2005A bonds.
According to the Tollway, the bonds will mature in six to nine years and are rated “Aa3” byMoody’s Investors Service, “AA-” by Standard & Poor’s and “AA-” by Fitch Ratings.
The Tollway also announced that it plans to return to issue $450 to $500 million of revenue bonds in late February or March to finance part of its Move Illinois capital program.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts555 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes530 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse490 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers138 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views