Illinois Tollway implements remote-controlled camera lens cleaning system
Amanda Bayhi | February 18, 2014
The Illinois Tollway has implemented a new remote-controlled camera lens cleaning system, WLS-TV reports.
The system — a first in the U.S. — features a power washer with jet nozzles and hoses that cleans the lens. A blast of air then dries the camera.
According to the report, the system will help the Tollway catch drivers who try to avoid paying tolls.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident952 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side537 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?504 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes437 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005360 Views