Illinois Tollway implements remote-controlled camera lens cleaning system
Amanda Bayhi | February 18, 2014
The Illinois Tollway has implemented a new remote-controlled camera lens cleaning system, WLS-TV reports.
The system — a first in the U.S. — features a power washer with jet nozzles and hoses that cleans the lens. A blast of air then dries the camera.
According to the report, the system will help the Tollway catch drivers who try to avoid paying tolls.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker263 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges141 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver130 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase128 Views
- Boehner discusses Highway Trust Fund on 60 Minutes124 Views