Illinois Tollway implements remote-controlled camera lens cleaning system
Amanda Bayhi | February 18, 2014
The Illinois Tollway has implemented a new remote-controlled camera lens cleaning system, WLS-TV reports.
The system — a first in the U.S. — features a power washer with jet nozzles and hoses that cleans the lens. A blast of air then dries the camera.
According to the report, the system will help the Tollway catch drivers who try to avoid paying tolls.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party469 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax313 Views
- Success regardless of gender: Kari Karst’s BX Civil & Construction209 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion200 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax192 Views