Illinois Tollway implements remote-controlled camera lens cleaning system
Amanda Bayhi | February 18, 2014
The Illinois Tollway has implemented a new remote-controlled camera lens cleaning system, WLS-TV reports.
The system — a first in the U.S. — features a power washer with jet nozzles and hoses that cleans the lens. A blast of air then dries the camera.
According to the report, the system will help the Tollway catch drivers who try to avoid paying tolls.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges392 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory341 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?193 Views