Illinois Tollway implements remote-controlled camera lens cleaning system
Amanda Bayhi | February 18, 2014
The Illinois Tollway has implemented a new remote-controlled camera lens cleaning system, WLS-TV reports.
The system — a first in the U.S. — features a power washer with jet nozzles and hoses that cleans the lens. A blast of air then dries the camera.
According to the report, the system will help the Tollway catch drivers who try to avoid paying tolls.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?435 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs397 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges191 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views