Illinois Tollway implements remote-controlled camera lens cleaning system
Amanda Bayhi | February 18, 2014
The Illinois Tollway has implemented a new remote-controlled camera lens cleaning system, WLS-TV reports.
The system — a first in the U.S. — features a power washer with jet nozzles and hoses that cleans the lens. A blast of air then dries the camera.
According to the report, the system will help the Tollway catch drivers who try to avoid paying tolls.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)1687 Views
- Road commission worker killed by motor grader1158 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1081 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project504 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?362 Views