Illinois Tollway awards $31 million in construction management, design contracts
The Illinois Tollway Board of Directors has approved three contracts worth $31.1 million for construction management for the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) Rebuilding and Widening Project and design services for the Elgin O’Hare Western Access Project as part of the Tollway’s 15-year, $12 billion capital program, Move Illinois: The Illinois Tollway Driving the Future.
More than $584.7 million in construction and engineering contracts have been approved by the Tollway Board so far in 2012, according to the Illinois Tollway.
The November awards include one prime contractor and 12 subcontractors who are certified as disadvantaged, minority- and women-owned business enterprises with participation commitments ranging from 26 percent to 37 percent per contract, according to the Illinois Tollway. Of the $31.1 million in awarded contracts, $9.4 million or more than 30 percent is committed to these firms.
Contracts awarded on Nov. 15 include the following:
- $20.4 million for design services for the Elgin O’Hare Western Access Project from U.S. Route 20 to Illinois Route 83:
- An $11.1 million contract to URS Corp. for design services for reconstruction and widening between Arlington Heights Road and Lively Boulevard.
- A $9.3 million contract to Patrick Engineering Inc./Civiltech Engineering Inc./Singh & Associates Inc. JV for design services for reconstruction and widening between Lively Boulevard to Supreme Drive.
- A $10.7 million contract to Bollinger, Lach & Associates Inc. for construction management services for the I-90 Rebuilding and Widening Project between Genoa Road to I-39.
MORE FROM Economics
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding556 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable411 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future340 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG254 Views