Illinois Tollway approves nine contracts worth $172 million
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 26, 2012
The Illinois Tollway Board of Directors on April 26 approved the award of nine contracts worth nearly $172 million for design and construction management services, including contracts to begin preparing for the reconstruction and widening of the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) and construction of the Elgin O’Hare West Bypass. These contracts will enable construction to begin on both of these major roadway projects as early as 2013. More than $360 million in construction and engineering contracts have been approved by the Tollway Board in 2012.
“The contracts approved by the Board today will allow the Tollway to begin design this spring, so we are prepared to move these projects to the construction phase,” said Illinois Tollway Executive Director Kristi Lafleur in a press release. “These projects are critical to the Tollway’s $12 billion Move Illinois Program and will play a major role in creating jobs, relieving congestion, improving air quality and stimulating our regional economy.”
Contracts awarded in April include $26.9 million for corridor management and $72.1 million for design services for the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90), as well as $66.8 million for corridor management and design services for the Elgin O’Hare West Bypass. In addition, a construction management contract was awarded in the amount of $573,500 for the realignment of Dixie Creek as part of the Tri-State Tollway (I-294)/I-57 Interchange Project, and a $5 million contract was also approved for systemwide environmental services.
The contract awards include 9 prime consultants and 25 subcontractors with minority- and women-owned certification (MBE/WBE) and disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) participation commitments ranging from 20 percent to 83 percent per contract. Of the $171.4 million in awarded contracts, $39.4 million or more than 23 percent is committed to these firms.
Contracts awarded today include the following:
- One $66.8 million contract award to CH2M Hill Inc. for corridor management and design services for the Elgin O’Hare West Bypass.
- One $26.9 million contract award to BV3 for corridor management and design services for the reconstruction and widening of the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) from Higgins Road to the Elgin Toll Plaza.
- Five design services contracts for the reconstruction and widening of the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90):
- $23.4 million award to Parsons Brinckerhoff Inc. for design services from the Kennedy Expressway to Oakton Street.
- $16.4 million award to Crawford, Murphy & Tilly Inc. for design services from Oakton Street to Illinois Route 53.
- $24.2 million award to HDR Engineering Inc. for design services from Illinois Route 53 to Higgins Road.
- $2.7 million award to ABNA of Illinois Inc. for design services for the Lee Street interchange.
- $5.4 million award to Elmhurst Joint Venture for design services for the Elmhurst Road interchange.
- One $573,504 award to CivicCon Services Inc. for construction management services for the realignment of Dixie Creek as part of the Tri-State Tollway I-294/I-57 Interchange Project.
- One $5 million contract award to Christopher B. Burke Engineering Ltd. for systemwide environmental services.
MORE FROM Economics
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges378 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory337 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college320 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress217 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?153 Views