Illinois Strategic Highway Safety Plan partners promote National Work Zone Safety Awareness Week
IRTBA, IDOT and the ISHSP Partners are holding events throughout the state during the week to demonstrate to motorists the critical need to alter their behavior:
- On Tuesday, April 24, 2012 Press conferences will be held throughout the state to raise motorists’ awareness and urge them to be alert and slow down in work zones. IRTBA and ISHSP partners are planning informal media appearances in Chicago during the local network morning news shows. The participants will be outside the studios wearing green reflective vests. IRTBA, IDOT and ISHSP partners will also distribute work zone literature to their employees.
- On Friday, April 27, 2012 various Rest Areas throughout the state will have displays to promote and distribute work zone safety awareness information to motorists.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)798 Views
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects643 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D368 Views
- Fifty cents on the dollar for Illinois roads264 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots250 Views