Illinois speed limits increased
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 3, 2012
Truck speed limits on non-interstate highways in Illinois increased Jan. 1.
Big rig speeds on various four-lane roads will rise to 65 mph from 55 mph on more rural roads outside of Chicago, matching the passenger car speed limit.
Truckers are advised to hold off on increasing speeds until road signs have been changed, the Illinois Department of Transportation said.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts546 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse424 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers100 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster92 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches78 Views