Illinois speed limits increased
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 3, 2012
Truck speed limits on non-interstate highways in Illinois increased Jan. 1.
Big rig speeds on various four-lane roads will rise to 65 mph from 55 mph on more rural roads outside of Chicago, matching the passenger car speed limit.
Truckers are advised to hold off on increasing speeds until road signs have been changed, the Illinois Department of Transportation said.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party465 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax326 Views
- Success regardless of gender: Kari Karst’s BX Civil & Construction209 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax190 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion189 Views