Illinois speed limits increased
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 3, 2012
Truck speed limits on non-interstate highways in Illinois increased Jan. 1.
Big rig speeds on various four-lane roads will rise to 65 mph from 55 mph on more rural roads outside of Chicago, matching the passenger car speed limit.
Truckers are advised to hold off on increasing speeds until road signs have been changed, the Illinois Department of Transportation said.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax739 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party398 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards391 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund370 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?324 Views