Illinois speed limits increased
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 3, 2012
Truck speed limits on non-interstate highways in Illinois increased Jan. 1.
Big rig speeds on various four-lane roads will rise to 65 mph from 55 mph on more rural roads outside of Chicago, matching the passenger car speed limit.
Truckers are advised to hold off on increasing speeds until road signs have been changed, the Illinois Department of Transportation said.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River626 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency546 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs396 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business369 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update339 Views