Illinois speed limits increased
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 3, 2012
Truck speed limits on non-interstate highways in Illinois increased Jan. 1.
Big rig speeds on various four-lane roads will rise to 65 mph from 55 mph on more rural roads outside of Chicago, matching the passenger car speed limit.
Truckers are advised to hold off on increasing speeds until road signs have been changed, the Illinois Department of Transportation said.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure218 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?172 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!127 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress115 Views