Illinois speed limits increased
Truck speed limits on non-interstate highways in Illinois increased Jan. 1.
Big rig speeds on various four-lane roads will rise to 65 mph from 55 mph on more rural roads outside of Chicago, matching the passenger car speed limit.
Truckers are advised to hold off on increasing speeds until road signs have been changed, the Illinois Department of Transportation said.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- MoDOT employs robot to mow roadside grass1518 Views
- I-5 bridge expected to reopen in mid-June987 Views
- CDOT “Slow for the Cone Zone” ads depict kids as construction workers460 Views
- USDOT to release $15.6 million for I-5 bridge416 Views
- 25 percent of U.S. bridges classified as deficient in 2012344 Views