Illinois speed limits increased
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 3, 2012
Truck speed limits on non-interstate highways in Illinois increased Jan. 1.
Big rig speeds on various four-lane roads will rise to 65 mph from 55 mph on more rural roads outside of Chicago, matching the passenger car speed limit.
Truckers are advised to hold off on increasing speeds until road signs have been changed, the Illinois Department of Transportation said.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEOS: Michigan DOT debunks transportation myths with ‘Reality Check’ series825 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?497 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group353 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines181 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget159 Views