Illinois govenor on passage of llinois Jobs Now! capital program reauthorization
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 23, 2011
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn released a statement on June 23 regarding the passage of the Illinois Jobs Now! capital program re-authorization.
“The General Assembly took action today to keep the state’s biggest economic recovery program going, ensuring that thousands of workers stay on the job,” Quinn said in the written statement. “Today’s session was about jobs and capital, and I thank the legislative leaders and members of the General Assembly for passing a 12-month capital appropriations bill as I had asked of them.
“A capital construction program was one of the first priorities of my administration, and it is a key component of my plan to bring jobs and economic recovery to Illinois,” he continued. “The plan is Illinois’ first capital program in more than a decade and it is expected to create more than 439,000 jobs over six years.”
MORE FROM Economics
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]920 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong864 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker352 Views