Illinois constructors launches the I-190 entrance and exit roadway rehabilitation project
Staff Report | October 11, 2012
The City of Chicago’s Department of Aviation awarded the Interstate 190 Entrance and Exit Roadway Rehabilitation Project to Illinois Constructors, a heavy construction general contracting firm. The civil and structural project, $6.5 million, started in October 2012 and the expected completion is November 2013.
The project involves replacement of the terminal bridge superstructure, milling and overlay of asphalt and concrete pavement, removal and replacement of Portland cement concrete (PCC) medians, pavement patching, removal and replacement of PCC curb and gutter, storm sewer installation, utility structure modifications, pavement marking and traffic control.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2261 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1277 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority604 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles542 Views