Illinois constructors launches the I-190 entrance and exit roadway rehabilitation project
Staff Report | October 11, 2012
The City of Chicago’s Department of Aviation awarded the Interstate 190 Entrance and Exit Roadway Rehabilitation Project to Illinois Constructors, a heavy construction general contracting firm. The civil and structural project, $6.5 million, started in October 2012 and the expected completion is November 2013.
The project involves replacement of the terminal bridge superstructure, milling and overlay of asphalt and concrete pavement, removal and replacement of Portland cement concrete (PCC) medians, pavement patching, removal and replacement of PCC curb and gutter, storm sewer installation, utility structure modifications, pavement marking and traffic control.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges360 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory328 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college311 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress158 Views
- SDLG to make backhoes, motor graders; machines will no longer have Volvo brand137 Views