Illinois constructors launches the I-190 entrance and exit roadway rehabilitation project
Staff Report | October 11, 2012
The City of Chicago’s Department of Aviation awarded the Interstate 190 Entrance and Exit Roadway Rehabilitation Project to Illinois Constructors, a heavy construction general contracting firm. The civil and structural project, $6.5 million, started in October 2012 and the expected completion is November 2013.
The project involves replacement of the terminal bridge superstructure, milling and overlay of asphalt and concrete pavement, removal and replacement of Portland cement concrete (PCC) medians, pavement patching, removal and replacement of PCC curb and gutter, storm sewer installation, utility structure modifications, pavement marking and traffic control.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]923 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong865 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker334 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines219 Views
- SCDOT signs biggest road project contract in over a decade159 Views