Illinois constructors launches the I-190 entrance and exit roadway rehabilitation project
Staff Report | October 11, 2012
The City of Chicago’s Department of Aviation awarded the Interstate 190 Entrance and Exit Roadway Rehabilitation Project to Illinois Constructors, a heavy construction general contracting firm. The civil and structural project, $6.5 million, started in October 2012 and the expected completion is November 2013.
The project involves replacement of the terminal bridge superstructure, milling and overlay of asphalt and concrete pavement, removal and replacement of Portland cement concrete (PCC) medians, pavement patching, removal and replacement of PCC curb and gutter, storm sewer installation, utility structure modifications, pavement marking and traffic control.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes625 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts544 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse495 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers178 Views
- 'Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over' holiday crackdown begins73 Views