Illinois aggregate producers given safety awards
Illinois aggregate producers received safety awards during the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR), Office of Mines and Minerals/Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Thaw State Grants Safety Conference at Starved Rock State Park in Utica, Ill.
IDNR started recognizing the safety efforts of the state’s aggregate industry whose operations have achieved the fewest lost-time accidents for the previous calendar year.Division I: Hanson Material Service, Thornton Quarry
This year, the accident-free mine with the most employee-hours in each of six divisions, five surface and one underground, were recognized at the conference.
According to the Illinois Association of Aggregate Producers (IAAP), the following mines were recognized and given a plaque by Joe Angleton, director of the IDNR Office of Mines and Minerals, and Mike Woods, manager of the IDNR Office of Mines and Minerals:
Division II: Vulcan Materials Company, Sycamore Quarry
Division III: Illinois Mining Company, Yard #7
MORE FROM Industry
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects666 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D392 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)389 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)330 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots295 Views