IBTTA Twitter chat series to focus on transportation, tolling issues
Amanda Bayhi | March 21, 2014
The International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association (IBTTA) on Tuesday will launch a series of Twitter chats that focus on transportation issues such as tolling funding and investment.
Dubbed #TranspoChat, the monthly series will kick off Tuesday at 3 p.m. Eastern Time with the first hour-long chat, “Making the Case for Federal Investment in Transportation: Moving the Public from ‘No’ to ‘Know’ with Llyod Brown of AASHTO.”
During Tuesday’s #TranspoChat, Lloyd Brown (@LloydBrown), communications director for the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), will address a number of transportation-related questions, including:
Why is it so important that the public recognize the need for more transportation funding?
How has public education regarding transportation funding been accomplished in the past?
What efforts to educate the public have worked and what efforts haven’t?
How does the advent of social media impact what organizations should be doing to educate the public?
What new methods do you believe would be effective in educating the public about the need for transportation funding?
IBTTA Executive Director and CEO Patrick Jones (@PatJonesDC) will moderate the discussions and debates.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2049 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1188 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project525 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?350 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans347 Views