I-40 West lane reopened in Tennessee
One of two lanes of Interstate 40 West near the Tennessee-North Carolina border has been reopened following a Jan. 31 rockslide between mile markers 450 and 451, the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) said.
Workers are stabilizing the slope, TDOT said. A 1,500-ton boulder was removed that could have fallen on the roadway. A second phase to shore up the mountainside is expected to begin in late March, the department said.
Traffic has resumed after a second rockslide east on I-40 in North Carolina was cleared away over the weekend, the North Carolina Department of Transportation said.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects666 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D392 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)389 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)330 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots295 Views