I-40 West closed by rockslide in Tennessee
Both lanes of Interstate 40 West near the Tennessee-North Carolina border have been closed Jan. 31 following a rockslide between mile markers 450 and 451, the Tennessee Department of Transportationm (TDOT) said.
Engineers are developing a plan to stabilize the mountainside, TDOT said. No estimate was given for when I-40 West will reopen.
To detour from North Carolina take I-240 West (exit 53B) in Asheville to I-26 West (exit 4A) to I-81 South (exit 8A) back to I-40 West. The detour route is about 53 miles.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)823 Views
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects588 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D347 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says259 Views
- Cities rethink transportation due to drop in young drivers247 Views