Hyundai launches R480LC-9A, R520LC-9A crawler excavators
Amanda Bayhi | June 18, 2013
Our sister site, Equipment World, has reported on Hyundai Contruction Equipment’s launch of the new R480LC-9A and R520LC-9A production-class crawler excavators.
A low emission, low noise Tier 4 Interim Cummins QSX11.9 engine powers each of the machines, which have a high power-to-weight ratio and rapid torque rise.
Each excavator boasts a 108,420-pound and 114,820-pound operating weight, respectively.
Features include a variable speed fan clutch, two-stage auto decel system and three engine modes: power, standard and economy. Also included is a new hydraulic system, which delivers fine touch and improved control.
The cabs are designed with a high strength steel frame, slim tubing, a skylight and larger windows and scratch- and fade-proof safety glass for high visibility. Customizable features include an adjustable seat, console and armrest. The seat is integrated with the console.
Other cab features include height-adjustable ergonomic joysticks; an advanced audio system with USB, AM/FM stereo and MP3; an enhanced climate control system; and heated seats. An optional smart key system is also available.
The display cluster uses digital gauges to show temp, fuel and maintenance item monitoring, and it enables the operator to adjust work modes and engine power or set the boom speed and arm regeneration.
Hyundai simplifies maintenance on the new excavators, which have extended lube intervals of 250 hours, 5,000-hour long life hydraulic oil and 1,000-hour extended life hydraulic filters.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts403 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster116 Views
- $163 billion needed annually to fix aging surface transportation system96 Views
- Alerting Congress: Most jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors90 Views
- President Obama calls America's transportation infrastructure 'embarrassing'81 Views