How much snow should a citizen snowfighter shovel?
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 23, 2010
When you live in snowy Chicagoland, just how much you should snow or shovel is not only a valid question but a dilemma. What is the etiquette when shoveling or snowblowing the sidewalks in front of your house? How far should you shovel on your neighbor’s property? Will you offend neighbors on one side of your house if you shovel the entire sidewalk on one side and not the other?
In a Chicago Tribune story, these questions are discussed. Just how much snow should a “citizen snowfighter” shovel?
Are there similar etiquette questions for winter maintenance crews for the DOTs and municipalities? If so, we’d be interested in hearing your thoughts!
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Firearms to be used for road construction765 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events684 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes596 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines473 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up457 Views