How much snow should a citizen snowfighter shovel?
When you live in snowy Chicagoland, just how much you should snow or shovel is not only a valid question but a dilemma. What is the etiquette when shoveling or snowblowing the sidewalks in front of your house? How far should you shovel on your neighbor’s property? Will you offend neighbors on one side of your house if you shovel the entire sidewalk on one side and not the other?
In a Chicago Tribune story, these questions are discussed. Just how much snow should a “citizen snowfighter” shovel?
Are there similar etiquette questions for winter maintenance crews for the DOTs and municipalities? If so, we’d be interested in hearing your thoughts!
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects475 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)461 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports428 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign261 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says255 Views