How much snow should a citizen snowfighter shovel?
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 23, 2010
When you live in snowy Chicagoland, just how much you should snow or shovel is not only a valid question but a dilemma. What is the etiquette when shoveling or snowblowing the sidewalks in front of your house? How far should you shovel on your neighbor’s property? Will you offend neighbors on one side of your house if you shovel the entire sidewalk on one side and not the other?
In a Chicago Tribune story, these questions are discussed. Just how much snow should a “citizen snowfighter” shovel?
Are there similar etiquette questions for winter maintenance crews for the DOTs and municipalities? If so, we’d be interested in hearing your thoughts!
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident976 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles968 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse728 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side569 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments304 Views