How much snow should a citizen snowfighter shovel?
When you live in snowy Chicagoland, just how much you should snow or shovel is not only a valid question but a dilemma. What is the etiquette when shoveling or snowblowing the sidewalks in front of your house? How far should you shovel on your neighbor’s property? Will you offend neighbors on one side of your house if you shovel the entire sidewalk on one side and not the other?
In a Chicago Tribune story, these questions are discussed. Just how much snow should a “citizen snowfighter” shovel?
Are there similar etiquette questions for winter maintenance crews for the DOTs and municipalities? If so, we’d be interested in hearing your thoughts!
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014568 Views
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding434 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable328 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future322 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields272 Views