How much snow should a citizen snowfighter shovel?
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 23, 2010
When you live in snowy Chicagoland, just how much you should snow or shovel is not only a valid question but a dilemma. What is the etiquette when shoveling or snowblowing the sidewalks in front of your house? How far should you shovel on your neighbor’s property? Will you offend neighbors on one side of your house if you shovel the entire sidewalk on one side and not the other?
In a Chicago Tribune story, these questions are discussed. Just how much snow should a “citizen snowfighter” shovel?
Are there similar etiquette questions for winter maintenance crews for the DOTs and municipalities? If so, we’d be interested in hearing your thoughts!
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?701 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax684 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards476 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund409 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete273 Views