How bad is the tax 'bite' out of your paycheck now?
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 14, 2013
A temporary cut in Social Security withholdings has give us hundreds of extra dollars to spend throughout the past two years.
However, this tax break has now expired and Social Security taxes have reverted back to 6.2 percent of our salary from the temporary 4.2 percent that it was during the tax break.
According to a Yahoo! Finance report, this cut in our paychecks “threatens to put a drag on economic growth.”
What is this going to mean for you and/or your family? (I’d love to hear your comments! You can post them on our Facebook page – you don’t have to be a member of Facebook to view the page – at www.Facebook.com/BetterRoadsmagazine.)
To lighten the mood a little and give you a little music to jam to on a Monday morning, here’s Donna Summer’s video, “She Works Hard for the Money.”
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]908 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong832 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths746 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers630 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road465 Views