House Transportation Committee to begin work on new transportation bill
Amanda Bayhi | January 3, 2014
The House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee is set to begin work on a new transportation bill this month.
The current transportation bill will expire in September.
The committee will hold a hearing to start work on the bill on Jan. 14, Politico reports in the Friday edition of its Morning Transportation newsletter.
Politico notes that the House Transportation Committee has not yet announced any witnesses for the hearing, titled “Building the Foundation for Surface Transportation Reauthorization.”
The hearing will start at 10 a.m. Eastern Time. To watch a live stream of the hearing on Jan. 14, click here.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2077 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1316 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...890 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones540 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?321 Views