House Transportation Committee to begin work on new transportation bill
Amanda Bayhi | January 3, 2014
The House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee is set to begin work on a new transportation bill this month.
The current transportation bill will expire in September.
The committee will hold a hearing to start work on the bill on Jan. 14, Politico reports in the Friday edition of its Morning Transportation newsletter.
Politico notes that the House Transportation Committee has not yet announced any witnesses for the hearing, titled “Building the Foundation for Surface Transportation Reauthorization.”
The hearing will start at 10 a.m. Eastern Time. To watch a live stream of the hearing on Jan. 14, click here.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax717 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards390 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund365 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party322 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?319 Views