House to vote on water infrastructure bill this week
Amanda Bayhi | October 21, 2013
The House will vote on its version of the water infrastructure bill Tuesday.
The bill, known as the Water Resources and Reform Development Act (WRRDA), has an amendment deadline of 10 a.m. Eastern Time and a markup deadline of 5 p.m. Eastern Time, both on Tuesday.
Transportation Committee Chairman Bill Shuster (R-Pa.) promoted WRRDA last month using a video of whiteboard sketches describing the bill’s importance and a Twitter town hall to answer questions about the bill.
The House Transportation Committee approved the bill about a month ago. If the House passes WRRDA, it would only authorize for waterways spending. The congressional appropriations committees would still need to approve funding.
For more details about the hearing scheduled for Tuesday, visit rules.house.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident952 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side537 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?504 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes437 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005360 Views