House to vote on water infrastructure bill this week
Amanda Bayhi | October 21, 2013
The House will vote on its version of the water infrastructure bill Tuesday.
The bill, known as the Water Resources and Reform Development Act (WRRDA), has an amendment deadline of 10 a.m. Eastern Time and a markup deadline of 5 p.m. Eastern Time, both on Tuesday.
Transportation Committee Chairman Bill Shuster (R-Pa.) promoted WRRDA last month using a video of whiteboard sketches describing the bill’s importance and a Twitter town hall to answer questions about the bill.
The House Transportation Committee approved the bill about a month ago. If the House passes WRRDA, it would only authorize for waterways spending. The congressional appropriations committees would still need to approve funding.
For more details about the hearing scheduled for Tuesday, visit rules.house.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system471 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass200 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues128 Views
- N.J. transportation commissioner calls for tax hike109 Views