House to vote on water infrastructure bill this week
Amanda Bayhi | October 21, 2013
The House will vote on its version of the water infrastructure bill Tuesday.
The bill, known as the Water Resources and Reform Development Act (WRRDA), has an amendment deadline of 10 a.m. Eastern Time and a markup deadline of 5 p.m. Eastern Time, both on Tuesday.
Transportation Committee Chairman Bill Shuster (R-Pa.) promoted WRRDA last month using a video of whiteboard sketches describing the bill’s importance and a Twitter town hall to answer questions about the bill.
The House Transportation Committee approved the bill about a month ago. If the House passes WRRDA, it would only authorize for waterways spending. The congressional appropriations committees would still need to approve funding.
For more details about the hearing scheduled for Tuesday, visit rules.house.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts540 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse408 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster91 Views
- Deteriorating roads cost Michigan drivers nearly $4 billion annually78 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers74 Views