House subcommittee to discuss Highway Trust Fund this week
Amanda Bayhi | July 22, 2013
The House Highways and Transit Subcommittee will hold a hearing Tuesday on the current financial status of the Highway Trust Fund (HTF) and its impact on federal surface transportation programs.
The hearing, titled “How the Financial Status of the Highway Trust Fund Impacts Surface Transportation Programs,” will begin at 10 a.m. Eastern Time at the Rayburn House Office Building.
The subcommittee will hear from USDOT Under Secretary for Policy Polly Trottenberg and CBO Natural and Physical Resources Cost Estimates Unit Chief Kim P. Cawley.
To read a summary of the subject matter, click here.
A webcast of the hearing is available at transportation.house.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2005 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1176 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project520 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?348 Views
- California drivers paying the price for deficient roads and bridges 311 Views