House subcommittee to discuss Highway Trust Fund this week
Amanda Bayhi | July 22, 2013
The House Highways and Transit Subcommittee will hold a hearing Tuesday on the current financial status of the Highway Trust Fund (HTF) and its impact on federal surface transportation programs.
The hearing, titled “How the Financial Status of the Highway Trust Fund Impacts Surface Transportation Programs,” will begin at 10 a.m. Eastern Time at the Rayburn House Office Building.
The subcommittee will hear from USDOT Under Secretary for Policy Polly Trottenberg and CBO Natural and Physical Resources Cost Estimates Unit Chief Kim P. Cawley.
To read a summary of the subject matter, click here.
A webcast of the hearing is available at transportation.house.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?431 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs394 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges193 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants173 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views