House subcommittee to discuss Highway Trust Fund this week
Amanda Bayhi | July 22, 2013
The House Highways and Transit Subcommittee will hold a hearing Tuesday on the current financial status of the Highway Trust Fund (HTF) and its impact on federal surface transportation programs.
The hearing, titled “How the Financial Status of the Highway Trust Fund Impacts Surface Transportation Programs,” will begin at 10 a.m. Eastern Time at the Rayburn House Office Building.
The subcommittee will hear from USDOT Under Secretary for Policy Polly Trottenberg and CBO Natural and Physical Resources Cost Estimates Unit Chief Kim P. Cawley.
To read a summary of the subject matter, click here.
A webcast of the hearing is available at transportation.house.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes598 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts539 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse496 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers160 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects76 Views