House subcommittee to discuss Highway Trust Fund this week
Amanda Bayhi | July 22, 2013
The House Highways and Transit Subcommittee will hold a hearing Tuesday on the current financial status of the Highway Trust Fund (HTF) and its impact on federal surface transportation programs.
The hearing, titled “How the Financial Status of the Highway Trust Fund Impacts Surface Transportation Programs,” will begin at 10 a.m. Eastern Time at the Rayburn House Office Building.
The subcommittee will hear from USDOT Under Secretary for Policy Polly Trottenberg and CBO Natural and Physical Resources Cost Estimates Unit Chief Kim P. Cawley.
To read a summary of the subject matter, click here.
A webcast of the hearing is available at transportation.house.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River628 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency540 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs398 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business372 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update341 Views