House passes second spending bill for fiscal 2011
In a move late on July 29, Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Jim Oberstar (D-Minn.) and Highways and Transit Subcommittee Chairman Peter DeFazio (D-Ore.) successfully amended the bill to require separate congressional authorization of the “livability initiative” before funds for the highway component of the proposal could be utilized, according to the NSSGA report.
MORE FROM Economics
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)799 Views
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects644 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D374 Views
- Fifty cents on the dollar for Illinois roads264 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots251 Views