House GOP to unveil water infrastructure bill today
Amanda Bayhi | September 11, 2013
House Republicans have plans to unveil on Wednesday their version of a water infrastructure bill, according to a report from The Hill.
House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Rep. Bill Shuster (R-Pa.) will introduce the House’s new Water Resources and Reform Development Act (WRRDA), which would reauthorize federal waterways funding for the first time in six years.
The Senate is also working on a version of the water resources bill. The Senate plan would allow the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to select projects for investment from the water bill. Shuster argued in a March speech that the Senate bill would give too much authority to the Obama administration.
The WRRDA would authorize expenditures on waterways, leaving funding approval to the congressional appropriations committees.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign1999 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1311 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...883 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones539 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?324 Views