House could vote on water infrastructure bill next week
Amanda Bayhi | October 16, 2013
The House is expected to vote next week on a bill that would reauthorize federal waterways funding for the first time in six years, according to a report from The Hill.
The bill, which House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Bill Shuster (R-Pa.) promoted with a video last month, passed in the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee on September 19.
Committee officials told the Hill that House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) announced during a meeting of the Republican caucus on Wednesday that the House would bring the waterways reauthorization bill to the floor next week.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths734 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers597 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road524 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines463 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus393 Views