House could vote on water infrastructure bill next week
Amanda Bayhi | October 16, 2013
The House is expected to vote next week on a bill that would reauthorize federal waterways funding for the first time in six years, according to a report from The Hill.
The bill, which House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Bill Shuster (R-Pa.) promoted with a video last month, passed in the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee on September 19.
Committee officials told the Hill that House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) announced during a meeting of the Republican caucus on Wednesday that the House would bring the waterways reauthorization bill to the floor next week.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure218 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?172 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!127 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress115 Views