House could vote on water infrastructure bill next week
Amanda Bayhi | October 16, 2013
The House is expected to vote next week on a bill that would reauthorize federal waterways funding for the first time in six years, according to a report from The Hill.
The bill, which House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Bill Shuster (R-Pa.) promoted with a video last month, passed in the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee on September 19.
Committee officials told the Hill that House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) announced during a meeting of the Republican caucus on Wednesday that the House would bring the waterways reauthorization bill to the floor next week.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system492 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass200 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Cement shortage taking its toll on Minnesota projects141 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues128 Views