House could vote on water infrastructure bill next week
Amanda Bayhi | October 16, 2013
The House is expected to vote next week on a bill that would reauthorize federal waterways funding for the first time in six years, according to a report from The Hill.
The bill, which House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Bill Shuster (R-Pa.) promoted with a video last month, passed in the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee on September 19.
Committee officials told the Hill that House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) announced during a meeting of the Republican caucus on Wednesday that the House would bring the waterways reauthorization bill to the floor next week.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2260 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1277 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority599 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles531 Views