House could vote on water infrastructure bill next week
Amanda Bayhi | October 16, 2013
The House is expected to vote next week on a bill that would reauthorize federal waterways funding for the first time in six years, according to a report from The Hill.
The bill, which House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Bill Shuster (R-Pa.) promoted with a video last month, passed in the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee on September 19.
Committee officials told the Hill that House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) announced during a meeting of the Republican caucus on Wednesday that the House would bring the waterways reauthorization bill to the floor next week.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River450 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business370 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving294 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness260 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options257 Views