House begins work on water bill
Amanda Bayhi | October 23, 2013
The House Rules Committee yesterday made in order 24 amendments to H.R. 3080, also known as the Water Resources Reform and Development Act (WRRDA). As part of their work on the legislation, members will consider the amendments.
House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chair Bill Shuster (R-Pa.) has promoted WRRDA using a video and a Twitter town hall.
Work on the bill will consist of members debating and passing a rule for WRRDA before considering the 24 amendments.
H.R. 3080 would only authorize waterways spending. The congressional appropriations committees would still need to approve funding.
House leaders told The Hill that the last votes are expected around 9 p.m. or 10 p.m. Wednesday.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax707 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?701 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards473 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund395 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete259 Views