House begins work on water bill
Amanda Bayhi | October 23, 2013
The House Rules Committee yesterday made in order 24 amendments to H.R. 3080, also known as the Water Resources Reform and Development Act (WRRDA). As part of their work on the legislation, members will consider the amendments.
House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chair Bill Shuster (R-Pa.) has promoted WRRDA using a video and a Twitter town hall.
Work on the bill will consist of members debating and passing a rule for WRRDA before considering the 24 amendments.
H.R. 3080 would only authorize waterways spending. The congressional appropriations committees would still need to approve funding.
House leaders told The Hill that the last votes are expected around 9 p.m. or 10 p.m. Wednesday.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure218 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?172 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!127 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress115 Views