House begins work on water bill
The House Rules Committee yesterday made in order 24 amendments to H.R. 3080, also known as the Water Resources Reform and Development Act (WRRDA). As part of their work on the legislation, members will consider the amendments.
House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chair Bill Shuster (R-Pa.) has promoted WRRDA using a video and a Twitter town hall.
Work on the bill will consist of members debating and passing a rule for WRRDA before considering the 24 amendments.
H.R. 3080 would only authorize waterways spending. The congressional appropriations committees would still need to approve funding.
House leaders told The Hill that the last votes are expected around 9 p.m. or 10 p.m. Wednesday.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 20141355 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields330 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG260 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers256 Views
- Don’t mess with the toll roads; Virginia man racks up $250K bill231 Views