House begins work on water bill
Amanda Bayhi | October 23, 2013
The House Rules Committee yesterday made in order 24 amendments to H.R. 3080, also known as the Water Resources Reform and Development Act (WRRDA). As part of their work on the legislation, members will consider the amendments.
House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chair Bill Shuster (R-Pa.) has promoted WRRDA using a video and a Twitter town hall.
Work on the bill will consist of members debating and passing a rule for WRRDA before considering the 24 amendments.
H.R. 3080 would only authorize waterways spending. The congressional appropriations committees would still need to approve funding.
House leaders told The Hill that the last votes are expected around 9 p.m. or 10 p.m. Wednesday.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes545 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts532 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse493 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects76 Views