House Appropriations Subcommittee on transportation, housing approves $44.1 billion budget
Amanda Bayhi | June 20, 2013
The House Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies yesterday approved the House Appropriation Committee’s $44.1 billion budget for the departments of Transportation and Housing and Urban Development.
The bill is $7.7 billion below the previous budget and $4.4 billion below the sequester level.
The proposed budget will go to the full committee on June 27, when members will be able to propose amendments.
A live recording of the hearing and a copy of the subcommittee’s draft of the bill are available at appropriations.house.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts513 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse352 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster116 Views
- $163 billion needed annually to fix aging surface transportation system101 Views
- Alerting Congress: Most jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors90 Views