House Appropriations Subcommittee on transportation, housing approves $44.1 billion budget
Amanda Bayhi | June 20, 2013
The House Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies yesterday approved the House Appropriation Committee’s $44.1 billion budget for the departments of Transportation and Housing and Urban Development.
The bill is $7.7 billion below the previous budget and $4.4 billion below the sequester level.
The proposed budget will go to the full committee on June 27, when members will be able to propose amendments.
A live recording of the hearing and a copy of the subcommittee’s draft of the bill are available at appropriations.house.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident855 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?552 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds533 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side459 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes445 Views