House Appropriations Subcommittee on transportation, housing approves $44.1 billion budget
Amanda Bayhi | June 20, 2013
The House Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies yesterday approved the House Appropriation Committee’s $44.1 billion budget for the departments of Transportation and Housing and Urban Development.
The bill is $7.7 billion below the previous budget and $4.4 billion below the sequester level.
The proposed budget will go to the full committee on June 27, when members will be able to propose amendments.
A live recording of the hearing and a copy of the subcommittee’s draft of the bill are available at appropriations.house.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure223 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- What causes the most damage to our nation’s bridges?84 Views
- California, Florida DOTs named winners of America's Transportation Awards83 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views