House Appropriations Subcommittee on transportation, housing approves $44.1 billion budget
Amanda Bayhi | June 20, 2013
The House Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies yesterday approved the House Appropriation Committee’s $44.1 billion budget for the departments of Transportation and Housing and Urban Development.
The bill is $7.7 billion below the previous budget and $4.4 billion below the sequester level.
The proposed budget will go to the full committee on June 27, when members will be able to propose amendments.
A live recording of the hearing and a copy of the subcommittee’s draft of the bill are available at appropriations.house.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency536 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill392 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs387 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River366 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update315 Views