Holt Cat hosting groundbreaking for Laredo facility relocation
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 21, 2012
Holt Cat, the Caterpillar equipment and engine dealer for South, Central, North, and North East Texas, will hold a groundbreaking ceremony for the new Laredo location at 101 South Aviators Road, Laredo, Texas on Tuesday, March 20. Holt Cat purchased the property for the new store location last fall.
The 24,000-square-foot state of the art facility for heavy equipment parts, service, and sales will be built in the Los Lomas Industrial Park on State Highway 359, east of Loop 20. The new store will be Gold LEED certified by the U.S. Green Building Council, which offers third-party validation of a project’s green features.
San Antonio-based HOLT CAT established its first store in Laredo in 1978 and currently has 30 sales, service, and parts employees. The new store location is expected to open January 2013. “HOLT is investing in new and expanded facilities to demonstrate our commitment to service and our customers in Webb and surrounding counties,” said Allyn L. Archer, president and chief operating officer, in a written statement.
MORE FROM Economics
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2230 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1301 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...946 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house617 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones530 Views