Holt Cat hosting groundbreaking for Laredo facility relocation
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 21, 2012
Holt Cat, the Caterpillar equipment and engine dealer for South, Central, North, and North East Texas, will hold a groundbreaking ceremony for the new Laredo location at 101 South Aviators Road, Laredo, Texas on Tuesday, March 20. Holt Cat purchased the property for the new store location last fall.
The 24,000-square-foot state of the art facility for heavy equipment parts, service, and sales will be built in the Los Lomas Industrial Park on State Highway 359, east of Loop 20. The new store will be Gold LEED certified by the U.S. Green Building Council, which offers third-party validation of a project’s green features.
San Antonio-based HOLT CAT established its first store in Laredo in 1978 and currently has 30 sales, service, and parts employees. The new store location is expected to open January 2013. “HOLT is investing in new and expanded facilities to demonstrate our commitment to service and our customers in Webb and surrounding counties,” said Allyn L. Archer, president and chief operating officer, in a written statement.
MORE FROM Economics
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts554 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse440 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers135 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches75 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects74 Views