Holcim acquires 16 ready-mix, aggregate operations from Lafarge
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 4, 2011
Holcim, together with an unnamed partner, acquired eight aggregates pits and quarries and four ready-mix concrete plants in Alsace (France) and four ready-mix concrete plants in the Basle area (Switzerland) from Lafarge as of January 2011.
This strategically attractive acquisition will allow Holcim (Schweiz) AG and Holcim (France) s.a.s to supply customers even better in these markets.
The acquisition serves to secure high-quality aggregates reserves in this attractive economic area, Holcim notes in a written press statement. As some gravel pits are located directly on the river Rhine, Holcim says that it will be able to supply gravel and sand by ship not only to Switzerland and South Germany but also to Luxemburg and The Netherlands.
Holcim is known as one of the world’s leading suppliers of cement and aggregates as well as further activities such as ready-mix concrete and asphalt including services. The Group holds majority and minority interests in around 70 countries on all continents
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEOS: Michigan DOT debunks transportation myths with ‘Reality Check’ series671 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?502 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group344 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines173 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget159 Views