Government, reminds Alpert, is “the world’s biggest customer.” Government spending is almost 50 percent of Gross Domestic Product, and even more important than ever right now considering the dearth of non-government construction.
Highway contractors can make hay out of the opportunities that exist, agrees Balsam, “if there are ways for them to think about their markets just a little differently.” v
MORE FROM Highway Contractor
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)806 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D289 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign267 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says265 Views
- Cities rethink transportation due to drop in young drivers260 Views