Hey Congressman, watch this ARTBA video
The American Roads and Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) has released a new video. The message is old. That’s kind of the point. The message has been the same for years now. Fix the Highway Trust Fund. So the message is also of vital importance to the transportation infrastructure community, both in terms of work and jobs. I know the ARTBA people get frustrated and having to retool the same message — as I do — but what else do you do when the same problem lies unfixed year after year. And MAP-21 did virtually nothing to fix it. And reauthorization is a year and a few month away. The Highway Trust Fund is doomed in less than three years unless something is done. And if it fails, the funding available for bridge and road work shrinks, fast and far. It’s really matter of ARTBA yelling that the Emperor is still naked — and the politicians continue to admire the suit.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects475 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)461 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports428 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign261 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says256 Views