Here’s your chance for recognition w/ excellence in community relations & public education, environment protection
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 13, 2013
If your company or a colleague’s company has been exemplary in community relations and public education or in environmental protection, think about entering the the American Road & Transportation Builders Association Transportation Development Foundation (ARTBA-TDF) 2013 “PRIDE” and “Globe Awards.”
The association is now accepting nominations for its 2013 awards.
These annual competitions highlights U.S. transportation construction industry excellence in community relations and public education, and in environmental protection, respectively.
PRIDE Awards were established in 1999. “The program celebrates excellence in community relations and public education of projects that enhance the image of the transportation design and construction industry,” according to ARTBA.
The awards are open to all industry firms, agencies and associations.
There are two categories, which follow:
- Community Relations: honors programs and activities that demonstrate positive civic involvement with the community in which a firm/agency is located.
- Public-Media Relations/Education: pays tribute to programs and activities that educate the public and opinion leaders about the significant contributions the transportation construction industry (or a specific sector of it) makes to the economy and/or quality of life.
The Globe Awards, which were established in 1998, highlight examples of transportation construction industry excellence in these categories:
- Project Awards: recognizes private-sector firms and public-sector transportation agencies that do an outstanding job in protecting and/or enhancing the natural environment in the planning, design and construction of U.S. transportation infrastructure projects. Nominations may be made for projects in the following seven categories: highways, local or secondary roads, bridges, public transit, airports, railroads, and waterways and ports.
- Process Awards: honors companies that have exhibited environmentally responsible manufacturing, production, resource extraction or other processes related to surface transportation construction.
Such organizations may include the following: heavy construction equipment and transportation safety product manufacturers (environmentally responsible manufacturing); or materials companies (environmentally responsible resource extraction and/or production).
The application deadline for the PRIDE Awards is March 29. The deadline for the Globe Awards is April 12.
For a copy of the application forms, go www.artbatdf.org or contact ARTBA’s Awards Program Manager Holly DiGangi at 202-289-4434.
Winners will be recognized during special June 3 gala awards dinner, held in conjunction with ARTBA’s Federal Issues Program in Washington, D.C.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River650 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs391 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business377 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update344 Views
- Illinois governor unveils 6-year, $8.6 billion transportation investment plan205 Views