GVM Snow Equipment: Four-wheel steering, three modes
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 6, 2011
GVM Snow Equipment’s PowerPlatform multi-purpose machine maintains a road legal 102-inch tire width and can reach road speeds up to 45mph. The four-wheel drive machine offers four-wheel steering with three steering modes: front steering, coordinated steering, and crab steering. The unique frame design allows the PowerPlatform to turn with a 9-foot shorter radius than a pickup truck, allowing the vehicle to turn around on a two-lane road intersection and maneuver through cul-de-sacs. The forward-mounted cab features with floor to ceiling glass and carries 26,000 pounds of cargo at 45 mph, and 44,000 pounds at lower speeds.
Powered by a 260-horsepower Cummins 6.7L Tier III engine mated with a ZF 6-speed power shift transmission, an efficient mechanical drive train is created. A 43-gpm of hydraulic accessory flow is standard. For an interview by Better Roads editors and video walkaround of a control system from GVM, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/BetterRoadsmag#p/u.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress214 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?210 Views
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure209 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road143 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!118 Views