GVM Snow Equipment: Four-wheel steering, three modes
GVM Snow Equipment’s PowerPlatform multi-purpose machine maintains a road legal 102-inch tire width and can reach road speeds up to 45mph. The four-wheel drive machine offers four-wheel steering with three steering modes: front steering, coordinated steering, and crab steering. The unique frame design allows the PowerPlatform to turn with a 9-foot shorter radius than a pickup truck, allowing the vehicle to turn around on a two-lane road intersection and maneuver through cul-de-sacs. The forward-mounted cab features with floor to ceiling glass and carries 26,000 pounds of cargo at 45 mph, and 44,000 pounds at lower speeds.
Powered by a 260-horsepower Cummins 6.7L Tier III engine mated with a ZF 6-speed power shift transmission, an efficient mechanical drive train is created. A 43-gpm of hydraulic accessory flow is standard. For an interview by Better Roads editors and video walkaround of a control system from GVM, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/BetterRoadsmag#p/u.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 20141017 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields348 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers267 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG266 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future264 Views