GSSI debuts StructureScan Mini. All-in-one GPR System for Concrete Inspection
Better Roads Staff | September 30, 2009
Salem, NH, September 2009 — GSSI, the recognized leader in ground penetrating radar (GPR), is pleased to announce its new all-in-one GPR system for concrete inspection. StructureScan Mini locates rebar, conduits, post-tension cables, voids and can determine concrete slab thickness.
Features of the StructureScan Mini include the ability to reach depths of up to 18 inches (45 cm) in concrete, an easy user interface, a laser-positioning system and 4-wheel drive survey encoder to help mark targets. Designed to be water resistant and dust proof (IP-64), the StructureScan Mini is built to withstand today’s construction site. Best of all, the StructureScan Mini has a 1600 MHz center frequency which offers a great balance between data resolution and depth penetration.
The StructureScan Mini incorporates a high-resolution, 5.7” LED backlit color display, making it easy to view the data collected— just scan and mark. No need for post processing the data.
The technology involved incorporates auto-target capabilities, by marking the detection of rebar or conduits with small circles during data collection. The StructureScan Mini system also automatically calculates the dielectric of the concrete to accurately determine the depth of targets.
The StructureScan Mini is FCC compliant, and has no safety hazards associated with its use. For more information, call 800-524-3011 or visit www.geophysical.com
• Center Frequency: 1600 MHz
• Depth Range: 0-18 in (0-45 cm)
• Unit Weight (with battery): 3.3 lbs (1.6 kg)
• Dimensions: 6 (W) x 7 (H) x 9 (L) in (15.24 x 17.78 x 22.86 cm)
MORE FROM Boomerang
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2230 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1301 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...946 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house617 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones530 Views