Granite's Cindy Johnsen named president of the National Association of Women in Construction
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 25, 2012
Cindy Johnsen of Granite’s Southern California Region was named president of the National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) at the association’s annual convention in Denver.
“Having participated in the growth of NAWIC over the past 15 years, I look forward to expanding the reaches of our association and building our membership,” said Johnsen in a press release. During my tenure, my vision is to spearhead professional development programs that can be published and utilized throughout the industry to foster strong leaders and mentors.”
Johnsen has worked for Granite for more than 17 years and has been a member of NAWIC’s San Bernardino-Riverside Chapter since 1997.
NAWIC has more than 14 regions nationwide with affiliates in Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, South Africa, and New Zealand. It is one of the largest organizations for women in construction in the world.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts526 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse380 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster116 Views
- Alerting Congress: Most jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors90 Views
- President Obama calls America's transportation infrastructure 'embarrassing'81 Views