Granite's Cindy Johnsen named president of the National Association of Women in Construction
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 25, 2012
Cindy Johnsen of Granite’s Southern California Region was named president of the National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) at the association’s annual convention in Denver.
“Having participated in the growth of NAWIC over the past 15 years, I look forward to expanding the reaches of our association and building our membership,” said Johnsen in a press release. During my tenure, my vision is to spearhead professional development programs that can be published and utilized throughout the industry to foster strong leaders and mentors.”
Johnsen has worked for Granite for more than 17 years and has been a member of NAWIC’s San Bernardino-Riverside Chapter since 1997.
NAWIC has more than 14 regions nationwide with affiliates in Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, South Africa, and New Zealand. It is one of the largest organizations for women in construction in the world.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2077 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1210 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project528 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans393 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?352 Views